RYA First Aid Course
This one day RYA shorebased course aims to give expert instruction of current best practice in First Aid. The knowledge gained on this course should be considered a must for anyone intending to be crew on, or skipper of a vessel at sea, an environment where outside help can be many hours or even days away.
Next Course Date:
- Saturday 24th March 2018
67 Dalby Road, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 0BQ
- Heart failure
- Control of bleeding
- Treatment of wounds
- Fractures and spinal injuries
- Getting advice or assistance by radio.
Ability after course:
Understands what action to take as a first responder in a marine environment.
RYA First Aid Certificate
£80.00 (includes certificate & the new RYA manual)
This course fulfills the requirements for:
- RYA Yachtmaster Coastal Skippers
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Skippers
- RYA Yachtmaster Ocean Skippers
- RYA Cruising and Yachtmaster Instructors
- Professional skippers of small craft working within 60 miles of a safe haven, including Boat masters.
- The Senior First Aid certificate needed by offshore racers subject to ISAF’s regulations on first aid training (OSR 4.08.4)
*You should renew your certificate every three years