RYA VHF/DSC Marine Radio Course:
This RYA online course has been carefully designed to teach you all you need to know to correctly operate a digital selective VHF marine radio. It has been split into modules which allows you to work at your own pace. It’s ideal for home study.
OUR PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- RYA Course Pack (includes RYA VHF Handbook-G31)
- Access to the RYA Interactive course
- Email support
- Assessment Venue
- Training radios for assessment period
- Short Range Certificate examiner
- Online course £75.00
- Exam fee £60.00 (payable to the RYA)
The G31 course handbook is now available as an ‘e’book. eBooks are enhanced digital versions of our printed books containing animations, video and interactive tools to help illustrate the key points and skills. As such, these eBooks are a great resource supporting our training courses.
eBooks can be viewed using a tablet, smartphone or computer which has the free RYA Books app installed. Visit
When you enrol on this E-learning course we will create an account for you on our RYA Interactive page, giving you access to the SRC radio course. We will also dispatch your G31 course pack, available in hardback or as an ‘e’book. If required, you will have email support from Ashore Sailing Principal, Mark Davis.
Once you have completed the online course, (you can revisit the modules as many times as you like), you will be able to access and complete the online knowledge check. You can have three attempts at the knowledge check, a score of 60% or more will generate an online course completion certificate, which you need to download and print off. The final step is to attend our RYA Training Centre for the practical exam and short written test.
When you come along for your practical assessment you will need to bring the items listed below:
- Exam application form (included in your course pack)
- Passport sized photograph
- £60.00 exam fee (payable to the RYA)
- Online course completion certificate
This online training is designed to work across the devices and operating systems shown below. It is optimized for the latest technology, fully responsive and suitable for high definition screens.
You will need:
- Internet connection (broadband or 3G). Charges may apply for 3G.
- Microphone and speakers/headphones.
- Pop-ups enabled
- PC running Windows 10 minimum with the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Mac running 10.13 minimum with the latest version of Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox
- iPad running iOS 11 minimum using Safari.
- Android tablet running 4.1 minimum using Google Chrome.
We strongly recommend trying the SRC Taster Course before buying the full course to check that it will work on your device.