RYA VHF/DSC Short Range Certificate Course
Next Course Date
- Saturday 26th January 2019 (1 place left) BOOK NOW
- Sunday 3rd March 2019 (6 places left) BOOK NOW
- Thursday 17th January 2019 (Run)
- Saturday 26th January 2019 (Run)
- We operate a 1:1 student to radio ratio ie no sharing of equipment, this allows you maximum practice time.
- Maximum class size 6 We have added a new pair of the latest Standard Horizon radios to our existing range, featuring internal GPS and programmed with the new VHF channels introduced in January 2017. This offers a more realistic learning experience and guarantees to keep you at the forefront of the latest developments in marine radio communications.
Willow Farm, Waltham Lane, Harby, Leicestershire, LE14 4DB
This RYA shore-based course aims to teach you how to operate a VHF/DSC marine radio, the correct procedures and protocol required for efficient radio communications, and how to make:
Calls using VHF Marine Radio equipment with the latest Digital Selective Calling technology.
During this course
You will practice all these skills using real VHF/DSC radios. Each student will be allocated their own training radio for the duration of the course. The training session is followed by a second shorter session where your practical knowledge and skills will be assessed by an independent RYA examiner, it includes a short written test. Successful completion of the course will qualify you to receive the Short Range Certificate of Competence (issued by RYA) authorising the holder to operate VHF/DSC marine radio equipment.