RYA VHF/DSC Short Range Certificate Course
Next Course Date
- Saturday 25th January 2020
- Saturday 7th March 2020
VHF/DSC Marine Radio
- We operate a 1:1 student to radio ratio allowing you maximum hands on radio practice time.
- Maximum class size 6.
- We have added a new pair of the latest Standard Horizon radios to our existing range, featuring internal GPS and programmed with the new VHF channels introduced in January 2017. This offers a more realistic learning experience and guarantees to keep you at the forefront of the latest developments in marine radio communications.
- Willow Farm, Waltham Lane, Harby, Leicestershire, LE14 4DB
This RYA shore-based course aims to teach you how to operate a VHF/DSC marine radio, the correct procedures and protocol required for efficient radio communications, and how to make:
Calls using VHF Marine Radio equipment with the latest Digital Selective Calling technology.
During this course
You will practice all these skills using real VHF/DSC radios. Each student will be allocated their own training radio for the duration of the course. The training session is followed by a second shorter session where your practical knowledge and skills will be assessed by an independent RYA examiner and a short written paper.
Successful completion of the course will qualify you to receive the Short Range Certificate of Competence (issued by RYA) authorising the holder to operate VHF/DSC marine radio equipment.
Pre Course Prior Knowledge:
- Home study of the G31 course book supplied by Ashore Sailing and included in the course cost.
- Maximum six students
- £90.00 including RYA G31 course book
RYA Exam & Certificate Fee: