The RYA Day Skipper shorebased course follows on from the RYA Essential Navigation and Safety Course. The Day Skipper shore-based course is ideally suited to prospective new skippers. The skills learnt on this course are essential for those wishing to continue with the RYA Training Scheme and complete the RYA Day Skipper Practical course. Upon successful completion you should have sufficient knowledge and understanding to navigate around familiar tidal and non tidal waters by day.
Next Course Dates:
Intensive course (Run over 6 days)
- Wednesday 28th Feb, Thursday 1st March continuing Wednesday 21st March through to Saturday 24th March 2018 (4 places left)
- Monday 15th October to Saturday 20th October 2018 (3 places left)
We plan to run two Day Skipper evening classes starting at the end of September. The start and end dates for each class are listed below. Sessions run from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm with breaks matching the school terms (6 places available on each course)
- First option commences Tuesday 25th September 2018 & ends Tuesday 19th March 2019.
- Second option commences Wednesday 26th September 2018 & ends Wednesday 20th March 2019.
Venue 23 Stathern Lane, Harby, LE14 4DA
- Nautical terms
- Safety at Sea
- International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea
- Course to Steer, Estimated Position
- Aids to Navigation
- Passage Planning
Prior knowledge: None, although some experience desirable
Course Duration: 40 hours learning plus two assessment papers
Award: RYA Day Skipper Shorebased Course Certificate
Cost: £299.00 + RYA Student Course pack £48.50
A £50.00 deposit secures your place