What is a hybrid shorebased course?
Our Hybrid courses bring the classroom learning experience into your home and offers the best of both worlds, combining both the classroom and online learning experience.
You join live teaching sessions from the comfort of your home via your computer or tablet (internet connection required). You are able to interact with your instructor just as you would in the classroom.
These are 40 hour courses plus assessment time. Lessons are normally delivered in two, three or four hour sessions. The time of these sessions can be flexible to suit your busy schedule.
This is not an online course
• Classes are collaborative i.e. your instructor & multiple students meet up on a web based platform at agreed times for classroom sessions.
• Students see and hear live presentations / lessons just like they would in the classroom.
• Students can talk to their instructor in real time during the session to ask questions and/or get clarification on any aspect of the topic being taught.
What we provide
- We will email you detailed session linkup instructions. (Linking is very simple, we do the work, you just click JOIN).
- A short pre-course familiarisation linkup session to demonstrate how the system works and to ensure your computer / tablet and internet connections are configured and working properly.
- Live online course lessons which allow interaction with your instructor & fellow students.
- RYA course pack.
- RYA Training Almanac.
- Portland Plotter & divider set.
What you need to take part
- A computer, ipad or tab with speaker and microphone.
- An active Email address.
- An internet connection.
# The system works best when run through Google CHROME web browser. If you don’t already use CHROME you can download it for free HERE. Note you can still keep your preferred web browser on your device.
If you have friends or family that would like to book a GROUP HYBRID course then this is your best option. It offers the same flexibility with arranging session dates & times as the Bespoke Package but with discounts based on student numbers.
- Group of two – £760.00
- Group of three – £1,065.00
- Group of four – £1,348.00 *best buy £337.00 per person
A one on one private course offering flexibility on session dates & times. If you book this course we will contact you to arrange our first session, subsequent sessions can be arranged with dates & times that are mutually convenient
- £700.00 – Includes RYA Course Pack plus Portland Plotter & 7″ divider set
We would normally expect to complete our HYBRID courses within a maximum time frame of six months. Extensions to this policy may be negotiable
What our customers say
Lessons started on the same Monday that, completely out of the blue, proved to be the most challenging day in peacetime British history. Boris Johnson announced a lock-down. With barely a blip, Mark switched the course to become a distributed classroom experience. The presentations over the internet, and the interaction, were so good that i often forgot i was not in the classroom. Mark completed the curriculum, checked our homework, guided our exercises and organised us sitting the exam all to schedule. To achieve that overnight was incredible. I had booked the week off work so am very grateful everything went to plan.