What is a hybrid shorebased course?
As well as running traditional RYA classroom and online courses we also run specialist web based RYA Day Skipper & Coastal Yachtmaster shorebased courses. Our Hybrid courses offer real time classroom sessions that you can participate in from the comfort and safety of your own home. You see and hear the presentation live and can interact with your instructor and fellow students at any time during each session.
This is not an online course
• Classes are collaborative i.e. your instructor & multiple students meet up on a web based platform at agreed times for classroom sessions.
• Students see and hear live presentations / lessons just like they would in the classroom.
• Students can talk to their instructor in real time during the session to ask questions and/or get clarification on any aspect of the topic being taught.
What we provide
- We will email you detailed session linkup instructions. (Linking is very simple, we do the work, you just click ANSWER).
- A short pre course familiarisation linkup session to demonstrate how the system works and to ensure your equipment and internet connections are configured and working properly.
- Live online course lessons which allow interaction with your instructor & fellow students.
- RYA course pack.
- RYA Training Almanac.
- Portland Plotter & divider set.
What you need to take part
- A computer, ipad or tab with speaker and microphone.
- An active Email address.
- An internet connection.
# The system works best when run through Google CHROME web browser. If you don’t already use CHROME you can download it for free HERE. Note you can still keep your prefered web browser on your device.
We will be setting new course dates soon.
What our customers say
Lessons started on the same Monday that, completely out of the blue, proved to be the most challenging day in peacetime British history. Boris Johnson announced a lock-down. With barely a blip, Mark switched the course to become a distributed classroom experience. The presentations over the internet, and the interaction, were so good that i often forgot i was not in the classroom. Mark completed the curriculum, checked our homework, guided our exercises and organised us sitting the exam all to schedule. To achieve that overnight was incredible. I had booked the week off work so am very grateful everything went to plan.