This shore-based course is ideal for those with more experience and, in particular, planning on taking their RYA Yachtmaster Coastal or Offshore Certificate of Competence. Upon completion you should understand the principles of navigating coastal and offshore passages by day and night.
Next Course Dates:
Intensive course: (Run over 6 days)
- Monday 25th February through to Saturday 2nd March 2019 (5 places left) BOOK NOW
- We are currently running our RYA Yachtmaster evening class which started at the end of September 2018.
We will be posting start dates and taking bookings for our 2019 – 2020 evening classes soon.
- International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea
- Chartwork – Paper charts and electronic
- Tides, including secondary port calculations & computation of rates
- Course to Steer, taking into account leeway, variation & deviation
- Estimated Position, taking into account leeway, variation & deviation
- How to get the best out of GNSS
- Aids to Navigation
- Passage Planning
- Pilotage techniques
Venue: Willow Farm, Waltham Lane, Harby, Leicestershire, LE14 4DB
Prior knowledge: Equivalent to Day Skipper Shorebased course
Course duration: 40 hours and 3 assessment papers
Award: RYA MCA Coastal Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased certificate
Cost: £299.00 + RYA Student Course pack & training Almanac £48.50
A £50.00 deposit secures your place